This page is for students wishing to audition for the Mississippi Lions All-State Band.
Lions Band Website: http://misslionsband.org/
HIGH SCHOOL WIND INSTRUMENTS – BRASS AND WOODWIND
- CONCERT – F, C, G, D, A, E, B, Gb, Db , Ab , Eb , Bb and Chromatic Scale.
- Students will have 3 minutes to play ALL 12 MAJOR SCALES plus and including CHROMATIC SCALE.
- All scales are to be played from memory.
- MULTIPLE OCTAVES WILL BE REWARDED (Articulation on scale should be as follows: TONGUED UP AND SLURRED DOWN)
Year B Etudes will be used for the 2017-2018 school year. They will be posted here soon.
- Judges will supply test material.
- Accuracy, musicianship, observance of markings, and interpretation will be considered in determining the grade.
- Each student will have one minute to look over the sight-reading before playing the selection AND one minute to play the piece!